Support the Labor Center during the #CalBigGive on November 19!
Support the Labor Center during UC Berkeley’s day of giving campaign on November 19!
The Labor Center will take part in UC Berkeley’s Big Give—a 24-hour fundraising blitz—to help raise funds and awareness of our programs and the work we do. Please take a moment on November 19 to share your support of the Labor Center to the wider UC Berkeley community! This campaign is conducted almost entirely over social media, so we ask that you broadcast your message of support through the social media channels you use.
How you can support us on November 19:
- Donate to the Friends of the Labor Center fund between 9:00 PM Wednesday, November 18 through 9 PM Thursday, November 19.
- Share your support for the Labor Center on Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, or Facebook using the hashtag #CalBigGive and #LaborCenterFund.
- Take part in the one-hour contests hosted by UC Berkeley throughout the day that could help us win money just by including #CalBigGive and #LaborCenterFund in your social media shares.
- Keep an eye on the Labor Center’s Facebook and Twitter channels to like our posts, share our images, and show your support for our programs.
The Labor Center is one of UC Berkeley’s premier social outreach programs, a project created for the benefit of California’s residents and working families:
- The Labor Center has provided some of the most important and widely-cited studies of how minimum wage increases may impact local economies.
- We are helping the State of California design innovative approaches to retirement security for California workers who do not have access to pensions.
- Our Black Worker Center Project is helping to incubate successful centers in Los Angeles, Oakland, and in cities around the country.
- We offer workshops and leadership schools that build the capacity of unions and community organizations to address a rapidly changing and challenging political and economic environment.