Job Alert: Associate Specialist – Jobs and Climate Policy
Open May 8, 2015 through Jun 8, 2015
Next review date: June 8th, 2015
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee
The Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, UC Berkeley is seeking candidates for appointment to the Specialist series to support research and policy projects at the Don Vial Center for Employment in the Green Economy and the Center for Labor Research and Education.
One position is available. The appointee will conduct research under supervision of the Chair and Associate Chair of the Don Vial Center on climate policy, the energy industry, and job issues, including policy analysis and job impact studies. Job duties include: Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis; provide technical assistance to relevant stakeholders, assist with research and policy briefs. The appointee may assist with workforce development policy analysis and implementation.
Basic/Minimum Qualification required at time of application:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public policy, economics or a related field.
Additional Required Qualifications by the start date:
• Demonstrated experience conducting policy research.
• Demonstrated understanding of state policy issues related to labor and to climate.
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative analysis such as industry analysis and interviews/focus groups related to labor and employment issues.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated writing skills geared toward policy research reports.
• Master’s degree or equivalent in public policy, economics or a related field.
• Experience making presentations.
• Demonstrated quantitative skills and experience in data analysis.
Position will be full time (100%) for one year, with the possibility of extension depending on performance and availability of funding. Salary range plus benefits, commensurate with experience.
Letters of reference are not required at this time. We will seek your permission before contacting your references. All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality: http://apo.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html. The position will be open until filled, with an anticipated start date of June, 2015. To ensure full consideration, please apply by the first review date of June 8, 2015. Please address any inquiries to Barbara Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hadidjah Rivera at email@example.com. UC Berkeley has an excellent benefits package as well as a number of policies and programs in place to support employees as they balance work and family.
“The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.”
More information about this recruitment: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply/JPF00684
• Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter
• Writing Sample
3 references required (contact information only)