Job Openings at the UC Berkeley Labor Center
Summer/Fall GSR III position
The GSR will support and participate in research, materials development, and organizing events for the implementation of a learning lab for high road worker/management/community partnerships focused on improving equity and job quality, and building a carbon neutral economy.
During the period of appointment, the student must:
● Have a GPA of at least 3.0.
● Have no more than 2 Incompletes in upper division or graduate level courses
● Be registered and enrolled in a minimum of 12 units (except summer and winter breaks) unless already advanced to doctoral candidacy.
● Submit time records that reflect the appropriate percentage of effort throughout the semester of appointment.
● Plan and report absences consistent with hiring unit policy.
Key Graduate Researcher Responsibilities
● Maintain, update and process project databases.
● Assist team members scheduling, managing and delivering webinars, trainings, and related materials.
● Assist in preparing reports or papers for seminars, publication, etc.
● Look for information online or in libraries.
● Compile information and materials for approval for research involving human subjects.
● Support data collection, prepare questions for surveys, find subjects, ensure completion of surveys, tabulate and summarize data.
● Assist with the grant proposals or funding applications.
● Assist in preparing reports, manuscripts, etc., for publishing.
● Prepare slideshows, videos, or presentations.
● Conduct interviews or surveys under the guidance of program director.
● Use statistical techniques on the data gathered for analyzing and tabulating.
● Other duties as required.
Essential Skills and Abilities
● Knowledge about current research methodologies and statistical techniques relevant to the field.
● Ability to work independently.
● Ability to work well in a team.
● Ability to think logically and creatively.
● Good verbal and written communication skills.
● Good interpersonal skills and sensitivity.
This position will be 20 hours per week (GSR III, 50% full fee remission), working remotely. Please send a cover letter and resume by July 9, 2021 to Pamela Egan, email@example.com.