The butterfly effect explains change. The Berkeley Effect changes the world.
During UC Berkeley’s day-long fundraising blitz on November 17, you can be that change by donating to the Labor Center. All funds raised during this campaign will go toward scholarship funds to help place talented UC students who have demonstrated leadership, passion and commitment to social and economic justice with unions and community organizations. Over the years, a significant number of our Labor Summer students have gone on to work full-time in the labor movement or with labor-focused community groups after graduation. From the smallest gift to the biggest, your generosity holds truly transformative power. On November 17, what will your Berkeley Effect be?
How you can support us on November 17:
- Donate to the Friends of the Labor Center fund on Thursday, November 17 before 9 PM.
- Share your support for the Labor Center on Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, or Facebook using the hashtag #CalBigGive and #LaborCenterFund.
- Take part in the social media contests hosted by UC Berkeley throughout the day that could help us win money just by including #CalBigGive and #LaborCenterFund in your social media shares.
- Keep an eye on the Labor Center’s Facebook and Twitter channels to like our posts, share our images, and show your support for our programs.
Sample social media text:
- Support scholarships for Labor Summer students! http://bit.ly/1GeAYWs #CalBigGive #LaborCenterFund
- Support the #LaborCenterFund during #CalBigGive to help connect #UC students to the labor movement http://bit.ly/1GeAYWs
- Help raise scholarship funds for the Labor Summer Internship Program during #CalBigGive! http://bit.ly/1GeAYWs #LaborCenterFund
- I supported the #LaborCenterFund during #CalBigGive. You can too http://bit.ly/1GeAYWs