* Indicates required field
* First Name
* Last Name
* Email (non-school email)
* Enrolled major or program:
* What is your current academic level:
* Anticipated graduating semester:
* Are you over 18:–None–YesNo
* Are you a Rising Junior, Senior or Grad Student?–None–rising_juniorrising_seniorGrad Student
Language 1 Skill Level:–None–NativeFluentRead & WriteConversational (Speaking & Listening)
Language 2 Skill Level:–None–NativeFluentRead & WriteConversational (Speaking & Listening)
If other, please state language:
Gender and pronouns (optional):
* Track(s) applying for (select one or both):Applied Research and Policy TrackLearn Organizing Skills Track
First choice of track:–None–Applied Research and Policy TrackLearn Organizing Skills Track
* Are you currently enrolled in classes this semester/quarter or will you be enrolled in classes in the Fall 2021?–None–YesNo
* Do you plan on working, taking classes, taking study courses, etc. this summer?–None–YesNo
* Do you have any time constraints that would prevent you from committing 40 hours a week to the internship program over the summer?–None–YesNo
* Are you willing to make the internship a priority this summer?–None–YesNo
* Where Will You be Living this summer?:–None–San Francisco Bay areaSan Jose areaSacramento areaSanta Cruz areaNorth Valley (i.e. Modesto, Merced, Stockton, etc.)Central Valley (i.e. Fresno)Other
* If COVID conditions allow, would you be willing to relocate if your placement site is too far to commute (with ample notice and in compliance with CDC guidelines –None–YesNo
* Will you have a car for the summer that you would be willing to use if needed and allowed by CDC guidelines?–None–YesNo
* Do you have a valid driver’s license:–None–YesNo
* How did you hear about Labor Summer:–None–Labor Summer AlumProfessorAdvisorOrganizationClass AnnouncementFriendWebsiteFacebookFlyerOther
* What motivated you to apply for this internship?
* Have you taken classes or studied with professors that have sparked your interest in learning more about the labor movement?–None–YesNo
Please tell us about the classes/professors that have inspired you:
* Have you participated in off Campus economic/social justice work?–None–YesNo
Please elaborate on your work/experience and what you learned from it:
* Have you ever held a job?–None–YesNo
If yes, please describe what your experience as a worker was like. What were the most common workplace issues that the majority of the workers faced?
* Have you, or anyone you know, been represented by a labor union or worked somewhere when workers tried to organize a union?–None–YesNo
If yes, please describe what you took away from the experience:
* What role do you think unions play in our society today?
* How does this internship fit into your future plans? How do you hope this internship will help your academic goals or career trajectory?
Please write between 1-3 paragraphs per question.
Have you ever coordinated or worked on big event:–None–YesNo
Description of event:
Have you recruited people to an event or to taking action on something?–None–YesNo
Description of recruitment:
Do you have experience doing cold calls or phone banking?–None–YesNo
Digital organizing software experience:MobilizeSalesforceSocial media (Facebook/TikTok/Instagram)Design softwareSmartVAN
Given an example of a research project you’ve worked on. Describe the project, what your role was, and the methods you used.
Do you have experience working with large datasets?:–None–YesNo
Description of large dataset experience (including software used):
Do you have experience doing statistical analysis?–None–YesNo
If yes, please describe a project that you worked on and what type of statistical analysis you performed.
Experience using SPSS or STATA:–None–YesNo
Description of SPSS or STATA:
Do you have experience doing legislative research and/or looking at government budgets?–None–YesNo
Description of legislative research or government budget experience:
If given the opportunity, are you interested in continuing this internship beyond the required 8-weeks?–None–YesNo
Will you be looking for full-time employment after the internship?:–None–YesNo