Summer 2022 Semester
Start/End Date: May 16 – Aug 16
Deadline to apply: April 15
Hire deadline April 25
50% appointment, Step 2 ($22.72 hrly)
Application materials: resume and cover letter indicating why you want to apply for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
The GSR will support and participate in research, materials development, and organizing events to help Bay Area worker, community, and workforce organizations advance understanding of opportunities and barriers to integrate worker power building into existing public and community based workforce development programs.
Key Graduate Researcher Responsibilities
- Maintain, update and process project databases.
- Assist team members scheduling, managing and delivering webinars, trainings, and related materials.
- Assist in preparing reports or papers for seminars, publication, etc.
- Look for information online or in libraries.
- Compile information and materials for approval for research involving human subjects.
- Support data collection, prepare questions for surveys, find subjects, ensure completion of surveys, tabulate and summarize data.
- Assist with the grant proposals or funding applications.
- Assist in preparing reports, manuscripts, etc., for publishing.
- Prepare slideshows, videos, or presentations.
- Conduct interviews or surveys under the guidance of program director.
- Use statistical techniques on the data gathered for analyzing and tabulating.
- Other duties as required.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge about current research methodologies and statistical techniques relevant to the field.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to think logically and creatively.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and sensitivity.
During the period of appointment, the student must:
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Have no more than 2 Incompletes in upper division or graduate level courses
- Be registered and enrolled in a minimum of 12 units (except summer and winter breaks) unless already advanced to doctoral candidacy.
- Submit time records that reflect the appropriate percentage of effort throughout the semester of appointment.
- Plan and report absences consistent with hiring unit policy.