UC Irvine Labor Summer Program
Labor Summer comes to Orange County!
UC Irvine Labor Center is coordinating Labor Summer internships for UC Irvine students and partnering with the UC Berkeley Labor Center for orientation. Here’s what Labor Summer looks like for UC Irvine undergraduate and graduate students:
- Eight-week, full-time, PAID internship with an Orange County labor union or community organization
- Two tracks: Organizing Track and Research & Policy Track
- One week of orientation at UC Berkeley (June 20 – 24)
- Seven weeks at internship site in Orange County (40 hours per week; June 26 – August 10)
- Two training sessions at UC Irvine during internship
- Two to three mentor conversations
- August 11 graduation in Oakland
For the orientation week at UC Berkeley, the UC Irvine Labor Center will cover travel expenses to and from UC Berkeley and provide room and board. The UC Irvine Labor Center will also cover travel expenses to and from
Oakland for the August 11 graduation. If you are graduating in June, you are eligible to apply for Labor Summer.
UC Irvine Application Deadline: March 17, 2023
Please see FAQ and other information on the UC Berkeley Labor Center Labor Summer webpage.
For other questions, please email Professor Virginia Parks, UC Irvine Labor Center Faculty Director at email@example.com. Make sure to put “Labor Summer” in the subject line.
Host a UC Irvine Intern
Organizations interested in applying for the UC Irvine Labor Summer should contact Virginia Parks firstname.lastname@example.org for information and an application. Deadline for applying is March 1, 2023.