Application deadline has been extended to Friday, February 23, 2024. We will provide updates on the status of your application on or before April 1, 2024. We cannot guarantee selection into the Labor Summer program for all host site applicants. Please be sure to answer all questions on this application thoughtfully.
If you have any questions, please contact Devon Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org and Brianna Velasco at email@example.com.
For more information, please visit the UC Berkeley Labor Center’s Labor Summer Internship website.
* indicates required field
* Organization Name:
* Site Supervisor First Name:
* Site Supervisor Last Name:
* Site Supervisor Job Title:
* Site Supervisor Email:
* Site Supervisor Phone:
* Has your organization hosted a Labor Summer intern before? –None–YesNo
* Have you supervised a Labor Summer intern before? –None–YesNo
* Please describe your experience supervising students or younger workers.
* How often will the student meet with their supervisor for guidance and mentorship? (Note: we recommend daily check-ins)
* Will your organization be closed or will the supervisor be on vacation at any point during the internship? –None–YesNo
If yes, please describe the closure or vacation dates and a plan for what your interns should be working on durning this time. Please remember, students are paid for 8 weeks of work, regardless of holiday breaks or office closures.
The program fee depends on the number of Labor Summer interns you host.
The fee per intern, graduate or undergraduate, is: $8,500
The minimum requirement of two interns per site costs $17,000. If the fee poses a problem for your organization, please contact Devon Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss scholarship options.
* Billing Contact Name:
* Billing Contact Phone:
* Billing Email Address:
* How many Labor Summer interns would you like to host? Note: two interns is the minimum requirement and included in the fee. Additional interns will require additional payment. –None–2 interns3 interns4 interns5 or more interns
* Are you interested in hosting one or more interns for longer than an 8-week period? –None–YesNo
* Would you prefer one or more graduating interns who may be available to be hired after the program finishes? –None–YesNo
Please select any language requirements for the internship other than English, if any: (Select multiple options by clicking “control” or “shift” key) SpanishMandarinCantoneseTagalogVietnameseOther
If other, please specify language:
Are these language(s) required or preferred? –None–RequiredPreferred
* Are you looking for interns with any particular skill set? If yes, please describe.
* Where will the intern’s primary work location be? Will they be required to travel between locations?
* Will your interns need access to a car on a daily basis? –None–YesNo
* What campaigns will the interns be assigned to? What are your campaign goals? How will you know that you have won? Will your interns see the completion of their campaign during the span of their 8-week internship? If no, what phases of the campaign do you think they will be participating in?
* What is the geographic scope of the campaign(s)? –None–CityCountyStateNationalInternationalOther
Please describe the geographic scope of your campaign(s) in more detail.
* What type of tasks will the interns be assigned to complete?
* What are your overall expectations of the interns?
* Will the interns be working within a larger team of staff? Please describe:
* Are there any specific topics that you hope are included in the Orientation Week of training that the Labor Center provides to prepare the interns for their field assignments?
* What is important for the interns to know about your organization?
Supervisors are required to attend a supervisor orientation and anti-harassment training with the UC Berkeley Labor Center in advance of the program sometime in mid to late May.
Please confirm that someone from your organization will be able to attend: –None–YesNo
* Do you have any materials the interns should review prior to starting the internship? If yes, please email them to Devon Baker at email@example.com. –None–YesNo
The UC Berkeley Labor Center also hosts an alternative Spring Break program called “Solidarity Spring” during the Spring recess period, from March 25th-March 29th, 2024. This program is predominantly for freshman, sophomore, and transfer students interested in gaining hands-on service learning experience to learn and engage with the Bay Area labor movement. Are you interested in receiving more information about partnering or participating in Solidarity Spring 2024? If so, please contact our student engagement coordinator, Bahaar Tadjbakhsh at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.
Yes, please send me information on Solidarity Spring: